Home > Surival
and Primitive Technology
Weapons, and Equipment Construction
Wilderness Survival - Includes information on how to light
a fire, build a shelter, find food, and find water.
- Abotech - Provides articles
on primitive living skills, including hide tanning, fire making,
shelter construction, and primitive archery.
Attitude of Survival - A brief guide to the mental side of
dealing with unexpected survival situations.
- Bushcraft UK - A
resource for anyone interested in the outdoors, especially for
those involved in bushcraft, fieldcraft, or survival. Provides
articles, a forum, and reviews of wilderness survival products.
- Fox Kits Survival Kits
and Survival School - Offers wilderness survival kits for
all outdoor interests and environments and offers full spectrum
survival training from military experts. Includes courses offered,
rates, and location in Selmer, Tennessee.
- HikingwithMike.com - Features hiking, camping, backpacking and wilderness survival
tips, gear tips, information about survival school, hiking locations,
photos and contact information.
- History and Primitive
Technology Page - Articles about the firepiston, flintknapping,
the atlatl, and buckskinning.
- Hoods Woods - Wilderness
survival instruction, information, and instructional videos for
How Quicksand Works - Animated tutorial explains how quicksand
forms, where it's found, and how one can escape being trapped
- Knife Information - Knife information and archives compiled by Pat Fogarty.
- Mountain Man Survival - Survival tips and techniques plus information about building
an underground shelter.
- M40's Wilderness
Survival Skills - Learn about skills such as fire-making,
shelter construction, primitive weapons, snaring, survival kits,
water procurement, and survival psychology.
Skills - Provides photos and facts about Native American and
ancient skills, including primitive archery and flint knapping.
- Native Tech - Articles
on clay and pottery, leather and clothes, stonework and tools,
weaving and cordage, food and recipes.
- Ol' Buffalo
Preparedness Page - Resource for learning to survive in the
wilderness as well as at home in a disaster.
- Old Jimbo's site. - Find
information concerned with outdoor activities relating to survival,
shooting, and plants.
Outlands WebStead - Information on homesteading, survival,
and other aspects of self-reliance written by people actively
involved in living close to the land.
- Primitive Technology - Links related to primitive skills and wilderness survival.
- Primitive Ways -
This site is dedicated to Stone Age technology, atlatl spear throwers,
fire by friction, simple kayaks, and bow and arrow.
- The Ranger's Digest - Provides a collection of survival tips as well as an order form
to buy them in hard copy.
- Redwalk.com - Learn about
wilderness survival and nature observation, including shelter-making,
navigation, fire-making, camouflage, and how to walk silently.
- Safety at Hiker
Central - Safety and survival tips and links.
- Simple Survival - Articles by B.L. Benton on many aspects of wilderness survival,
including equipment, first aid, procuring food and water, building
shelters, navigation, signaling, and making primitive weapons.
- Society of Primitive Technology - A non-profit organization dedicated to the research, practice
and teaching of primitive technology, earth skills, wilderness
survival and Native awareness.
- Survival - Links to information about wilderness survival and hiking, including
survival tips, personal stories, and equipment reviews.
- Survival - Survival tips, including fire-making, food and water procurement,
building shelters, and using medicinal plants. Focus on jungle
and sea/beach survival skills.
- Survival Bible 2001 - Extensive collection of documents and images relating to survival.
- SurvivalIQ - An illustrated
guide with information, tips, pictures, maps and diagrams.
- Survive Outdoors - Large informational website covering topics like poison ivy,
ticks, heat exhaustion, spider bites, and the psychology of survival.
- Wilderness Manuals - Published by the United States Army. Features map reading and
land navigation, topographic symbols, first aid, survival, evasion
and recovery, field hygiene and sanitation, and basic cold weather
- Wilderness Resource
List - A compilation of wilderness schools, periodicals, and
- Wilderness Rhythms - Articles on firemaking, cordage, winter camping, and nature
lore. Also teaches workshops in outdoors skills.
- Wilderness Survival - Offers information from U.S. Army instruction manuals on all
aspects of a wilderness survival situation. Includes diagrams
Survival Guide - An illustrated guide to basic skills including
travel, food and water, first-aid, and health.